SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
School of Public Health (SPH) at the Tashkent medical academy (TMA) is created on the basis of orders Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan (No. 99 from March 3, 2004) and TMA (No. 91 from April 18, 2006).
Mission of SPH consists in preparation of highly skilled experts in Public Health and management of Health Care through magistracies, postgraduate studies and doctoral studies, training of medical workers, rendering of the methodical help to practical Health Care on protection and improvement of health of the population, creation and development of scientific and reasonable, effective Health system.
Objectives of SPH:
- Ensuring requirements of Health Care of the republic with experts of Public Health and management of Health Care;
- Preparation of highly-skilled personnel on Public Health and management of Health Care through magistracy, postgraduate study and doctoral studies;
- Professional development of the faculty teaching a subject «Public Health and management of Health Care» in medical schools of the republic;
- Active participation in retraining of general practitioners, financial managers, heads of treatment-and-prophylactic establishments;
- Carrying out research works on topical issues of Public Health, a healthy lifestyle, an ecological situation, development of measures on decreasing indices of incidence and mortality among population and implementing of scientific disciplines into practice;
- Studying advanced researches of the non-government organizations of the republic, the world international organizations, medical universities of the developed countries and implementing them into activity of School of Public Health.
The program of training of specialists of Public Health in SPH of TMA
- Magistracy (2 years):
- Public Health and management of Health Care;
- Management and organization in nurse business.
- Postgraduate study and doctoral studies (from 3 to 5 years).
- Professional development, preparation and retraining of pedagogical staff of medical schools of the Republic of Uzbekistan according on program of Public Health and management of Health Care;
- Professional development, preparation and retraining of medical staff of practical Health Care involved on Public Health (the politics of Health Care, management of Health Care, Health Care economy, planning, strengthening of health and prevention of diseases, the statistician in Health Care and information technologies etc.);
- Refresher courses on Public Health and Health Care management:
- Not less than 144 hours;
- Not less than 72 hours.
The training program turns on the following blocks of disciplines:
- Policy of Health Care;
- Theory and practice of management;
- Leadership and communication;
- Epidemiology and bases of biostatistics;
- Health strengthening, prevention and hygiene of environment;
- Health Care economy;
- Financial management and accounting.